Monday, December 22, 2008

Right Field

Hey, sorry I've been so negligent posting blog updates for all my imaginary friends. Nothing like technology to take something as pathetic as talking to yourself and turn it into a full on multimedia production! Yeah!

Actually, apologies to Anson Jew for that last comment, since he is not an imaginary friend but, in fact, a real friend. And he did read the blog (at least once), since he posted a comment. The very first on the ol' blog. So, in honor of that, I've dug up this relic from the past. It's the first page of a graphic novel I worked on for a sequential art class (comics) taught by Barron Storey at the Academy of Art College in San Francisco.

Anson, Mike Ebert, and I took the class while we were working at LucasArts in the early '90's. I have no idea how we thought we'd ever finish a full comic book in this class, since we were working fulltime jobs at the time, and skipping out most of a day to go to class down in SF, then having to make up the hours at night. And then supposedly finishing a graphic novel. Yeah, right.

Anyway, it didn't happen, but I didn't feel so bad when it turned out that all the other students who had nothing better to do with their time than drink beer and draw comics didn't seem to get much farther than we did.

So, here's the first page. I'm not sure I even remember the storyline...some weird metaphorical comedy about life as a ballgame and feeling like you're stuck in right field (sheesh). Sorry. It was a long time ago. But, hey, it's in color at least! Should help liven up the page a little.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Larry, must be asleep this evening because it took me a while to figure out it was you (durr). Great blog, your so creative. Keep it up, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hesitant to respond, since that would break my 6 month 'ignoring my blog' streak. But, since you were so nice, I gotta say thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete