Monday, December 15, 2008

Emaciated Kringle

Hey, another whiteboard sketch. That's 2 posts in one day! I'm going to try and be less "chatty" and more "sketchy" with the next few, so I can get a bit more art up here (actually, I'm often described as "sketchy"). I'll toss up a few more whiteboard scribbles, just to get it out of my system, then switch to some other stuff.

This guy doesn't really have a name, although he looks kinda familiar. I'll call him "Emaciated Kringle." This might be what the big guy looks like on December 26th, after his 24 hr global gift-giving marathon. I'm thinking it probably takes him a good 2-3 months to recover and fatten back up again.

As you can see, he's lovingly chastising one of his toymakers, Mantis Boy. Possibly he has an evil lair full of Dr. Moreau-style mutant toymaking creatures in a laboratory under a volcano at the North Pole? Hmmm...

Or maybe he's always skinny. If you think about the distance he covers, all the chimneys and rooftops he climbs, and the big bag he lugs around, the guy would probably have more of a runner's physique anyway. I'll put a little more thought into this guy.

Oops, getting chatty again! Better go.

Love ya, internet! Stay cool. Fiscal year 2008 rules!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I like this picture. Reminds me of a festive version of the Grail Knight from Last Crusade...

    PS. You've been Mojo'd:
    http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?id=3206&category=crackpot

    Keep it up. I'm sure there's a lot of fans - myself included - who would love to see more artwork coming from your direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million! You're the first person to comment that isn't a personal friend of mine, so you win the big prize: a reply from me in the comments section!! Thanks, Matthew.

    I plan to post more art...some new, some old, and I've linked to my portfolio page on flickr. I'll be adding a bunch of stuff there.

    ReplyDelete